Steve And Carol Bush, Realtors
Cold temperatures have kept lakes and ponds safe for skating and ice fishing, and everyone is heading to local hills for old-fashioned sledding and tobogganing. It’s great to be a kid--or kid at heart--in winter! Downhill skiers enjoy Abenaki Ski Area, our own ski slope right in the heart of Wolfeboro (see February 26th blog), which draws families from far and near for both daytime and nighttime fun.
Steve and Carol think March is the perfect month to enjoy our local “winter wonderland” as temperatures have started to moderate, with days more comfortable in the thirties and even forties (here and there). The sun is higher and days are longer, so it is even possible to ski in just a heavy wool sweater or fleece, thereby enjoying the best of snow and sun at the same time!
We will be among the first to welcome spring, but until then, we are happy to enjoy our Winter Wonderland here in the Lakes Region.
On any given weekend, it’s easy to see memories are being made. Children barely knee-high grab onto the rope tow; teenagers zip off the jumps, while parents glide gracefully down the trails. Hot chocolate and cheeseburgers are being wolfed down and it seems like everyone is smiling. Just looking at the scene makes you happy.
In the beginning,Abenaki was owned by the Hershey family who generously allowed trails to be cut, a lodge to be built and a rope tow to be installed. The Abenaki Outing Club added lights and soon people were flocking to winter carnivals and night skiing at the mountain.
As time passed, the ski area continued to grow, adding trails and ski jumps. Local high school ski teams started training here; kids eagerly headed to Abenaki to ski after school, and families poured onto the slopes every weekend. The Hershey family sold Mt. Abenaki to the town in the late 1960s and for the next decade or so the happy times continued.
However, by 2000, Abenaki was in trouble. Lean snow years had taken a toll on usage and revenue; ski equipment was aging and falling into disrepair. Some town officials wondered if the area was still viable. Fortunately, when word of Mt. Abenaki’s situation got out, the townsfolk rallied--in a big way! The Friends of Abenaki formed and money was raised to restore the ski area to its former glory. A new rope tow was added, snow grooming equipment purchased, and most exciting, portable snow-making equipment was bought in 2006. Today, more skiers than ever ride the slopes of Abenak.
The ski area entered its 79th season in December of 2014, making it currently the oldest small ski area in the United States! I am thrilled to report that the last 10 seasons have seen incredible growth, and in fact, Abenaki has seen a record INCREASE in skier visits--one of the few ski areas in New Hampshire to do so.
The Friends of Abenaki are now raising funds for a new ski lodge and hope to see that completed this year.At this year's town meeting the voters of Wolfeboro are being asked to approve Article 8 to help replace the 75 year old lodge at the ski area. Private donations will be $350,000 with the town being asked for $250,000.
Steve and Carol are proud to have supported Mt. Abenaki through Maxfield Real Estate’s “We Care Program” and look forward to seeing many more children and families heading to the slopes for years to come.
Youve been seriously thinking about selling your property and are now ready to list it on the open market. One of the most important decisions for any seller is to decide which company and which Realtors will provide the most aggressive marketing plan and which have a proven record. Ninety to ninety-five percent of buyers search for real estate online. A major online presence for your property is critical to getting the message out to buyers so they find your property and then request a showing of your property.
Market Your Lakes Region Property OnlineHaving an aggressive marketing campaign executed on the internet and in print by your Realtor is step one. Not all websites and real estate companies are equal. After exploring the website of a real estate company check out the individual website(s) of the Realtors you are considering. It doesnt take long to realize that a well built and maintained real estate website is current, complete and easy to use. At Maxfield Real Estate we are very proud of our website www.MaxfieldRealEstate.com and Realtors Steve and Carol Bush take special pride in their personal real estate websites www.LakesRegionHomesInfo.com and www.NHLakesLuxuryHomes.com. Check any of these sites - were confident that youll find them to be, if not the best, some of the best.
A Marketing Plan Designed for SuccessBelow is a marketing plan that Realtors Steve and Carol Bush have prepared for Lake Winnipesaukee waterfront properties. This will give a good overview of the degree of expertise and skill that we as Realtors provide our clients. If youre on a non-waterfront home we still provide much of what is listed here minus the boat/water components. Photography
- Professional Photography (Obeo Virtual Tours)
- Photos of your Winnipesaukee property by boat
- Virtual tour added to YouTube Real Estate channel for LakesRegionHomesInfo.com & NHLakesLuxuryHomes.com
- We seasonally purchase pages in Homes and Land magazine and we will advertise your property in this magazine particularly during the summer months. This magazine reaches upwards of 20,000 people interested in real estate in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire.
- Outside of the extensive Maxfield advertising we personally will advertise your property seasonally in newspapers around the Lakes Region as well as in The Laker and Homes & Land Magazine.
- Maxfield company ads in all papers around Lake Winnipesaukee
- Brochures for customers
- QR Codes on all print materials (QR codes bring the customer to pictures and listing information when they use a bar code scanner on a smart phone or iPad)
- We are two of the very few Realtors listed as Elite Agents for Luxury Real Estate in New Hampshire and your property would be on LuxuryRealEstate.com. Please check us out on this website!
- Craigs List
- All real estate websites including NHLuxuryHomes.com, Realtor.com, Northern New England Real Estate Network (Multiple Listing Services), LuxuryRealEstate.com, Homes.com, Trulia, Zillow, MaxfieldRealEstate.com, NHLakesLuxuryHomes.com, etc.
- Your property will have its own URL. Example www.YourPropertyAddress.com
- We provide a broker open house, tours, information packets, as well as DVDs of the virtual tour to the Realtors and listing information to buyers each time we show the property
- We have the ability to take clients out in our Cobalt 242 boat to view and then tour your property from the lake
- older posts
- newer posts