Gilford, New Hampshire Real Estate Information
Gilford is located on the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee . Gilford was originally a part of the town of Gilmanton and was called "Gunstock Parish" The name "Guilford" was chosen in 1812 by Captain Lemuel Mason who had fought in the 1781 Battle of Guilford Court House in North Carolina during the American Revolution.
Gilford abuts Laconia to the north and Alton to the south.
The Meadowbrook U.U. Cellular Pavilion is here and famous for the quality of performers who perform in the summer. Some of the notable acts have been Garrison Keeler and A Prairie Home Companion, Alison Krauss and Union Station, The Beach Boys, The Boston Pops with Keith Lockhart and many more. The Belknap Mountain State Forest featuring Gunstock Mountain with a beautiful ski area is also located in Gilford.
The Laconia Municipal Airport is located in the town of Gilford. The runway is 5286 ft. long. The Lakes Region General Hospital in Laconia is 4 miles away.
Gilford accounts for 13.2% of the watershed on Lake Winnipesaukee . The Lake Winnipesaukee Watershed covers 381 square miles.
- County: Belknap
- Incorporated: 1812
- Area: 39 sq. miles of land and 14.9 sq. miles of inland water area
- Coordinates: 43°3251N 71°2426W
- Altitude ASL: 745 ft.
- Population (US Census 2005) 6,803 residents
- Population density (2005) 174.6 people/sq. mile
- Tax Rate (10/11) $17.62
- Web site: http://www.gilfordnh.org/
Kimball Castle, Gilford New Hampshire