Ossipee, New Hampshire Real Estate Information
Ossipee was originally known as Wigwam Village then New Garden. It eventually was named for the Ossipee Indians who inhabited this area.
Ossipee Lake is the largest body of water in the town and depending where you are on the lake there are stunning views of Mt. Washington and the Presidential Range. There are numerous summer camps for boys and girls dotting the lake, as well as family campgrounds.
The Ossipee Mountains, which include Mt. Shaw, are ancient volcanoes which are west of the town.
Huggins Hospital in Wolfeboro is 15 miles away.
- County: Carroll
- Incorporated: 1785
- Area: 70.9 sq. miles of land and 4.4 sq. miles of inland water area
- Coordinates: 43°4105N 71°0702W
- Altitude ASL: 681 ft.
- Population (US Census 2005) 4,637 residents
- Population density (2005) 65.4 people/sq. mile
- Tax Rate (10/11) $14.99
- Web site: http://ossipee.org
Center Ossipee in 1909